Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Fireduck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:35 am   

Having massive trouble using an old zMUD item DB in cMUD - #query and %query bug

I've recently started playing muds again, after about 6 years away. I now have cmud, whereas I used to play with zmud. I'm trying to use an old item database from 6 years ago.

I can simply open it in cmud, or i can import the old database through a text file, either way all the items wind up in the new database.

#find and %find work fine. No problems, I can use those to search for any string value in any text based field in any view.

I cannot use #query of %query. I cannot search any numerical field.

I tried it in zmud, query works fine with the database, but nothing in cmud. Usually it'll return no results, occasionally (ie if i mess around with formatting) it'll return every result in the database (and freeze my machine for 10seconds until it finishes displaying it).

On the plus, i know that query works. I created a new database with some random data, and it works fine. Correctly returns query results, but the exact same command applied to the imported or loaded old database doesn't work.

Any ides how I can fix this?

I figured by exporting from zmud, and then importing in cmud it would remove any compatibility issues...
Fireduck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 am   

Additional info: if I go into the database itself, and use the filter tool, I can filter for stuff such as maxhit>50, and it correctly lists the items. If i do #say %query(&maxhit>50) however, it lists everyitem.

EDIT: correction, first time i did it, it listed every item, not it wont list anything...
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:47 am   

The internal database is something of a carryover feature from zMUD, but really isn't useful any longer.

If you're able to, convert your database to sqlite. CMUD can connect to the sqlite database and display information as you need it. Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck, in any case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: