PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 pm   

Trigger issue

Any idea why this trigger:

Trigger: ^You have recovered (*).$

Value:

#if (%1="balance on your right arm") {#VAR Rab {1};#CW DeepSkyBlue}
#if (%1="balance on your left arm") {#VAR Lab {1};#CW DeepSkyBlue}
#if (%1="equilibrium") {#VAR Eq {1};#CW orange}
#if (%1="balance on all limbs" or "balance on your legs") {#VAR Bal {1};#CW DeepSkyBlue}
#if (@bal=1 AND @rab=1 AND @lab=1 AND @eq=1) {#sub {ALL BALANCE RECOVERED. DO THINGS.}}

Would cause this to happen?

H:5552 M:5145 [db|e- --][14:36:10]
You have recovered balance on your left arm.
ALL BALANCE RECOVERED. DO THINGS.
H:5673 M:5145 [db|e- lr][14:36:13]
ALL BALANCE RECOVERED. DO THINGS.
H:5673 M:5145 [db|eb lr][14:36:13]

The intention obviously being to sub only the final recovery line - not two or even all three.

For reference, my prompt also monitors balance loss, on the right hand side. If a value is not in the prompt (- versus b for example), it's supposed to be 0.

Edit - typos.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 pm   

Quote:

#if (%1="balance on all limbs" or "balance on your legs") {#VAR Bal {1};#CW DeepSkyBlue}

I highlighted the two parts of the OR operator. If you want to test %1 against multiple things, you have to include %1 in each comparison. Alternatively (like in this case), you can stop using OR and use %ismember().

The only other thing I see wrong is a lack of parentheses in the 5th #IF's condition. Nothing at all in this trigger that would cause multiple lines to be printed, and certainly nothing that would get sent to the game.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:36 am   

That seems to have worked, in what testing I've done since adding in the other %1.

Though, it sometimes worked at first, it was very quick to break, and it hasn't yet, so I'm thinking we're good to go.

Also, I sort of took both your suggestions to heart, and I'm trying this value now-

#if (%1="balance on your right arm") {Fdel LostBals rab;#CW DeepSkyBlue}
#if (%1="balance on your left arm") {Fdel LostBals lab;#CW DeepSkyBlue}
#if (%1="equilibrium") {Fdel LostBals eq;#CW orange}
#if (%1="balance on all limbs" or %1="balance on your legs") {Fdel LostBals bal;#CW DeepSkyBlue}
#if (!%ismember( bal, @LostBals) and !%ismember( eq, @LostBals) and !%ismember( rab, @LostBals) and !%ismember( lab, @LostBals)) {
#sub {%ansi( 2)ALL BALANCES RECOVERED. DO THINGS.}}

I've consolidated all of my lost balances into a single variable, adding them and removing them with an alias where I used to directly modify each single variable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: