Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Einder
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 pm   

automapper not seeming to work

I've been trying to map a few zones lately and it seems that the automapper is unable to detect roomname and descriptions to put into the maps.

To elaborate a bit, when I use the auto configure, it will move to the room and fill in all the info. However, when I move between rooms, it will map them, pick up the exits, but not fill in the roomname and description. Is this a bug that only I've run into? and if not, is there a way to fix it/force it to pick those items up when I go into a room?
mikeC130
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:03 pm   

Going to need some more information before anyone can help you with this. For starters, what mud are you using, and are you using any protocols (GMCP, etc.)? Do you have any #TAGs set up to help with your configuration to recognize exits, etc?

Mike
Einder
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:31 pm   

I just used to the default settings for it, I haven't set up anything extra..no #TAGs or anything like that, and my mud is Realm of Magic.
Petrograd
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:27 am   

It's not unusual for the automatic configuration feature to fail. What does a room look like on your mud? You can check through that the mapping configuration settings seem ok, if not you can post what you're uncertain about here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: