test

cmud...
testtest

zmud... #SHOW {test&#269~;test}
test
test

cmud...
testĨtest

i have a very large script that uses that method to do ONE show with multiple lines... cant split it up, and using stripansi for other purposes..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just for sshowing the actual code....
#SHOW {%ansi(@theme_color1)DB Id:%ansi(@theme_color2) %replace(%replace(%replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %replace( %stripansi( %dbget( %i)), mob_level, " %ansi(@theme_color1)Level: %ansi(@theme_color2)"), mob_name, " %ansi(@theme_color1)Name: %ansi(@theme_color2)"), mob_speedwalk, " %ansi(@theme_color1)Speedwalk: "), mob_roomname, " %ansi(@theme_color1)Room: %ansi(@theme_color2)"), "mo ", " "), Notes, " %char(10)%ansi(@theme_color1)Notes: %ansi(@theme_color2)"), mob_zone, " %char(10)%ansi(@theme_color1)Area: %ansi(@theme_color2)"),"good",'%ansi(high,yellow)good'),"evil",'%ansi(red)evil'), mob_align, " %char(10)%ansi(@theme_color1)Alignment: ")}

output in zmud:

DB Id: 4267 Name: The angel, Felicity Level: 35
Area: War of the Wizards Room: The white monolith
Alignment: neutral Speedwalk: 14699 go
Notes: none

DB Id: Num=4267mo| %ansi(@theme_color1)Name: %ansi(@theme_color2)=The angel, Felicity| %ansi(@theme_color1)Level: %ansi(@theme_color2)=35| %char(10)%ansi(@theme_color1)Area: %ansi(@theme_color2)=War of the Wizards| %ansi(@theme_color1)Room: %ansi(@theme_color2)=The white monolith| ~&~#269~;%ansi(@theme_color1)Alignment: =neutral| %ansi(@theme_color1)Speedwalk: =14699| ~&~#269~;%ansi(@theme_color1)Notes: %ansi(@theme_color2)=none

the reson a lot of MXP subs didn't kick in is it's all on one line... i need 4.. how do i acheive this using the above code in cmud?

Last edited by Private on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:16 pm   

I forget what ascii value 10 equates to, but you want #13 instead.
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:23 pm   

%char(10) is newline, %char(13) is carraige return... nonetheless...

#show {test%char(13)test}
test

in cmud only one "test" shows.

In zmud %char(13) shows as "testtest"

Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:44 pm   

Why not use the %crlf predefined variable? That was available in zmud too, I'm pretty sure...
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 pm   

In addition to %crlf, both Cmud and Zmud also have %cr and %lf.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:39 pm   

The reason that %char(13) acts differently in Cmud than in Zmud is technically because of a bug in Zmud. Character 13 is a carriage return, which in Windows is supposed to return the cursor to the start of the line without going to a new line. Cmud treats it correctly--the second "test" overwrites the first one. Zmud basically ignored the character 13 in your test.

To start text at the beginning of a new line in Cmud (and in Zmud) you need a CR and an LF, because that is the Windows standard. The predefined variable %crlf was created for exactly this purpose.
Private
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:01 pm   

thanks...

#SHOW test%crlf~test works as expected.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 pm   

What is perhaps more interesting is that %cr works no differently for me than %crlf. Not sure this is a bug (could even bea case of command abbreviation), but it's clear Cmud isn't applying this cr vs lf distinction in all cases.
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:33 pm   

Hmm... %cr works identically to %char(13) for me (only one test shows, because the second is overwriting the first).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: