Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Private
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:21 pm   

Where is the "syntax checking error" in this trigger?

1st, this trigger works, but I'm kinda anal about seeing "^ syntax error" :P

Pattern:
Code:

^You are charged %d gold clan skill tax.$

Valuse:
Code:

#IF (@seek_mob_base_level <= 49) {target_range = "1-49"}
#IF ((@seek_mob_base_level >= 50) AND (@mob_base_level <= 99)) {target_range = "50-99"}
#IF ((@seek_mob_base_level >= 100) AND (@mob_base_level <= 150)) {target_range = "100-150"}
#IF ((@seek_mob_base_level >= 151) AND (@mob_base_level <= 199)) {target_range = "150-200"}
#IF (@seek_mob_base_level > 200) {target_range = "201"}
#IF (@debug) {#SHOW {~#TRIGGER ~{%expand(@target_description)~} ~{~#IF ~(~(~%zonenum~(~) %char(61) %eval(%zonenum)~) ~AND ~(~@current_level ~> %eval(@seek_mob_base_level - 22)~)~) ~{~#SUBSTITUTE ~{%expand(@seek_mob_short_name) ~%ansi~(~brown~)%if(@seek_align = good,G,E) ~%ansi~(blue~)%eval(@seek_mob_base_level)~}~;%if(@seek_align = good,good_target,evil_target) ~= %expand(@seek_target)~;auto_web %char(61) no~} ~{~#IF ~(~%zonenum~(~) %char(61) %eval(%zonenum)~) ~{~#SUBSTITUTE ~{~%ansi~(grey~)%expand(@seek_mob_short_name) ~%ansi~(brown~)%if(@seek_align = good,G,E) ~%ansi~(blue~)200~}~}~}~} ~{Auto|target|@target_range|@area_keyword%if(@seek_align = good,,|evil)~}}}
#EXEC {#TRIGGER {%expand(@target_description)} {~#IF ~(~(~%zonenum~(~) %char(61) %eval(%zonenum)~) ~AND ~(~@current_level ~> %eval(@seek_mob_base_level - 22)~)~) ~{~#SUBSTITUTE ~{%expand(@seek_mob_short_name) ~%ansi~(~brown~)%if(@seek_align = good,G,E) ~%ansi~(blue~)%eval(@seek_mob_base_level)~}~;%if(@seek_align = good,good_target,evil_target) ~= %expand(@seek_target)~;auto_web %char(61) no~} ~{~#IF ~(~%zonenum~(~) %char(61) %eval(%zonenum)~) ~{~#SUBSTITUTE ~{~%ansi~(grey~)%expand(@seek_mob_short_name) ~%ansi~(brown~)%if(@seek_align = good,G,E) ~%ansi~(blue~)200~}~}~}} {Auto|target|@target_range|@area_keyword%if(@seek_align = good,,|evil)}}
#CLASS {Auto|target|add|support} 0

error:
Code:

#EXEC {#TRIGGER {%expand(@target_description)} {~#IF ~(~(~%zonenum~(~) %char(61
                ^ syntax error

Why is it complaining? What do I change/add?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:32 am   

no closing curly brackets

Why do you have so many of the special characters escaped out anyway?
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:12 am   

all brackets & braces {curly brackets} are accounted for... if you #EXEC the statement it creates a flwless trigger, if it were missing a brace/bracket it would not create the trigger correctly.

Prolly not everything is required to be a %char() or escaped, but much of that is so it is not expanded when the alias creates the trigger.

The following SIMPLE but unreleated alias would show the exact same syntax parsing error...
#CLASS {testing} {disable}
#ALIAS make_it {#EXEC{#TRIGGER {you are @here} {do something}}}
#VARIABLE here {123}
#TRIGGER {you are 123} {do something}
#CLASS 0

Notice belowthe trigger was created with @here... with the syntax error above, it works properly...
#CLASS {testing} {disable}
#ALIAS make_it {#TRIGGER {you are @here} {do something}}
#VARIABLE here {456}
#TRIGGER {you are @here} {do something}
#CLASS 0

Now i know i could create that without the exec and make it work, it is a simple example to show it aint a missing brace. The trigger I am makeing with my alias needs some things evaluated and other things passed as they are, #EXEC lets this happen and he escaping keeps it from happening where needed.

edit:
Here is the result of having debug=1 last time i used the alias...
#TRIGGER {A rat is here, packing things away in a suitcase.} {#IF ((%zonenum() = 179) AND (@current_level > 188)) {#SUBSTITUTE {The Archivist %ansi(brown)E %ansi(blue)210};evil_target = Pack;auto_web = no} {#IF (%zonenum() = 179) {#SUBSTITUTE {%ansi(grey)The Archivist %ansi(brown)E %ansi(blue)200}}}} {Auto|target|150-200|dunoir|evil}

Loaded in ultraedit and formatted for brace/bracket matching
Code:

#TRIGGER {
           A rat is here, packing things away in a suitcase.
           }
      {
         #if ((%zonenum() = 179) AND (@current_level > 188))
         {#SUBSTITUTE {
                        The Archivist %ansi(brown)E %ansi(blue)210
                        }
       ;evil_target = Pack
       ;auto_web = no
       }
       {
        #IF (%zonenum() = 179)
        {
           #SUBSTITUTE {%ansi(grey)The Archivist %ansi(brown)E %ansi(blue)200
           }
           }
       }
       } {Auto|target|150-200|dunoir|evil}

I count 8 {'s and 8 }'s in the parsed/created/error free trigger...
Scirkhan
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 am   

I remember using #exec in a similar fashion (the error syntax changes annoy me too), along with sending commands to other windows, and also putting values into variables. I always assumed I was doing something wrong, but I don't know, only ways I could get some things to work... I wonder what I was doing wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: