Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Blain20
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:49 pm   

ERROR creating log:

I just switched to Win7 and installed CMUD (which was logging fine under Vista as far as I can recall). The logging was pointing to my Documents directory as Zugg suggested in another thread related to logging. I moved logging to my cygwin directory (to get it out of Users entirely) and gave Everyone write access to the logging directory. My problem isn't that it's not logging at all, but that it logs on any clean connect and doesn't on any linkdeath reconnect. To try and fix it, I stop logging with "#LOG off" in the event OnDisconnect to see if having logging reset can help, but to no avail.

To recap for clarification:

OnConnect -> #LOG <filename>
OnDisconnect -> #LOG off

Initial connections and quitting-and-reconnecting work fine. Reconnecting after losing connection due to idling gives the error. An empty text file is created, but nothing is ever posted into the log file.

Any ideas?
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:41 am   

Try creating your own event, then trigger your mud's login line to do a #RAISEEVENT on it. Then do the same with disconnect messages. See if you get the same result.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: