Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JakeSlater2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:10 pm   

ZMud won't start, only splash screen comes up

When I start ZMud, the splash screen comes up and says it's initializing. It goes through Main Module, Sound, and Characters. At "Characters," the splash screen disappears and ZMud is left only on the taskbar, until I right click and close it.

I am running Windows XP, Service Pack 3. Nothing unusual has been done to the computer lately, ZMud just stopped working yesterday without any apparent reason.

I have tried:
1) ending the ZMud application and processes on the Ctrl-Alt-Delete menu and restarting. On the application menu, it says ZMud is "Running," it does not say "Not Responding," but it just sits in the taskbar forever doing nothing.

2) restarting the computer.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
mikeC130
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:34 pm   

Any chance you changed desktop sizes, and the window is off the screen?
JakeSlater2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:39 pm   

Thank you Mike! I had this problem last year when I switched from two monitors to back one - the Zmud window was stuck off screen. I forgot all about this until you reminded me - Alt-space, M, arrow key, move the mouse, and there it was. Strange that this problem went into "remission" for so long and then came back.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: