Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Neval

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:07 pm   

Cmud 3.32 and 3.34 installation fail.

When trying to install Cmud .32 and .34 it will fail at, Execute: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CMUD\CMUD.exe" /REGSEVER
Will recieve message, Error: Access violation at 0x0436CCBB (tried t read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

Cmud 2.37 will install completely.
Neval

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:09 pm   

Using Win7 64 with all current updates.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:36 pm   

Sounds like you have some software running on your computer that is interfering with the copy protection used in CMUD. Although since v2.37 uses the same copy protection, I'm not sure why 3.34 would fail. But make sure you are running the installer using the Admin account on your computer. You can try right-clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as Admin".

(Btw, you don't actually need to run the installer again. The /REGSERVER step is the last step in the installer where it's actually trying to run CMUD to get the COM server interface installed. So instead of testing by running the installer again, just try running CMUD directly now with the Run as Admin option.)

Also try disabling your anti-virus or network security software. Some people reported problems with Kaspersky Internet Security causing lots of problems with CMUD. I use Avast and haven't had any problem with that.

Also make sure you have done the simplest thing first and just rebooted your computer. Since I leave my computer on I sometimes forget that Windows can get screwed up and a good reboot now and then will fix all sorts of problems.

No known problems with Win7 64, which is also what I use here myself.
Neval

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 pm   

Admin control was used, anti-virus 'Nortons 360 Premier edition' was turned off. Have restarted PC several times.
I receive the same error message as mentioned earlier when trying to run under admin.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:49 pm   

Not sure what else to try. If you are getting the error popup before you see the CMUD splash screen, then it is still some software on your computer that is preventing CMUD from starting properly.
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:07 am   

Zugg wrote:
Also try disabling your anti-virus or network security software. Some people reported problems with Kaspersky Internet Security causing lots of problems with CMUD. I use Avast and haven't had any problem with that.

CMUD works fine in conjunction with Avast Anti-Virus, but actually has some severe compatibility issues with some of the other programs contained in the more expensive Avast Internet Security Suite.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:15 pm   

If CMUD has problems with *any* anti-virus or security software, be sure to contact that software vendor. CMUD uses the Software Passport/Armadillo copy protection system, which is very popular and used by a lot of different software. Customers of anti-virus and security software that does not deal with Armadillo properly need to complain to get these companies to produce better security software. You should not be paying money to a anti-virus or security software company that cannot deal properly with the software that you are using legitimately.
dvinn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:50 am   

I'm having the same issue. I don't run any anti-virus programs ATM (fresh Windows OS). I sent an email to support with the screeny of the access violation error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: