Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
HobbezG2
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:43 am   

[Q] Script Prioritization [SOLVED 3/23/12]

So I've recently upgraded to CMud 3.34 Pro and I am in love, BUT.. I'm still trying to learn the ropes. I've been transferring over my beloved scripts from zmud 7.21, most of which transfer over perfectly. I noticed however, that every time I would shut CMud down, that it would re-organize the priority of my scripts to whatever configuration it deemed appropriate, which seems to interfere with one of my scripts.

I have an Affects Window Script, and a Highlighter Script. I want the Highlighter to always have a higher priority than the Affects Window. How to I force the priority so CMud doesn't reconfigure when I shut it down? Is it a setting in one of the menus or a simple line of code added to the scripts?

Thanks.

Last edited by HobbezG2 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:29 pm   

Cmud should not be changing the priorities assigned to scripts. Cmud will assign a priority automatically when you create a new script, and you can manually change the priority yourself, but Cmud does not change priorities. Are you certain that the numeric priority values for your scripts are changing when you restart Cmud?
HobbezG2
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:04 pm   [Q] Script Prioritization [SOLVED 3/23/12]

I'm an idiot. I was looking for the answer in all the wrong places and it turned out to be so plainly obvious, and right under my nose. Priority is set on individual script elements, rather than by package, module or class. Lower priority goes first. Since the script already had a priority number, as opposed to everything else not having a priority set, it would already re-organize (and rightly so) after each reboot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: