Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ashur
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:10 pm   

Issues with %numitems

I've got a string list that contains the current path I'm killing along. After moving to the next room (%pop), I want to display the number of rooms left. I tried:

#SAY %numitems(@currentkillpath)
#SHOW %numitems(@currentkillpaht)

But both of those show something like:

0 enter tent|out;s|enter tent|etc, etc, etc

If I do just:
%numitems(@currentkillpath)

It sends the number remaining as a command to the MUD, which I don't want.

How can I get this to display properly?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:28 pm   

in your #SHOW you typo'd the variable name... other then that, i really dont see any error
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:06 pm   

Are the variables set to "sting list" instead of "literal"?

If %pop is working, then the %numitems should work, too... weird if it's not, however.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:20 am   

Could you cut and paste the actual output of the command, and the content of the variable, within [code]...[/code] tags? Your typed description appears to have typos which make it hard to diagnose. For instance, the stringlist output contains both | and ; which I doubt is correct. We need to see accurate information.
Ashur
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:43 pm   

Well, I started to type up everything and when I tried "#SAY %numitems(@currentkillpath)" in the command line it displayed the proper thing (the number of items remaining in variable, not sent as a command). I don't know what changed since I tried it yesterday though. I know there were typos in my post, but the post is the only place the typos occurred.

I'll keep an eye on this and see if I manage to reproduce the error I was seeing. My best guess is that the variable had gotten goofed up in some way that wasn't obvious when I was looking at it.

Just to answer the few questions that were asked, the variable is set to 'string list', not 'literal'.

The contents of the variable are simple directions. So, in any given row, the value is as simple as "w" or as complex as "w;se;e;n;nw;s" (to move multiple directions in one %pop). The | were added by the function, presumably to separate each row (so in the example I gave in my original post, "enter tent" was a row, followed by "out;s", followed by "enter tent").

Thanks for the responses and apologies for the typos. I'll respond here again with as much description as possible if I get this again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: