Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Vaxon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:43 pm   

[BUG 3.34 Pro] SQL library gets unloaded

Hi,

I've got quite strange problem with cMUD Pro (probably few previous versions too). I've got MySQL server 5.1.49-3 installed on Debian 6.0 with wait_timeout set to 31536000 (so quite large value) and cMUD Pro 3.34 with libmysql.dll placed in the correct directory. I can connect to MySQL without any problems, make any selects, inserts, updates and so one but problem does occur about hour or two after launching cMUD.

After that time (even if sql is used every few minutes in the session) there is no possibility to do anything on the database. Even after closing the connection to DB and initiating new one using #SQLDB the program gives the same error 'Mysql server has gone away'. This is very strange as server is still available, timeout is set to a huge number (31536000 second = 8760 hours) and connection is stable (using LAN) so it's not interrupted. I don't think it's a problem with disconnecting connection to DB as it probably would be restored by #SQLDB command (also closing using #call #db.Close and opening again) which does not help. Only restart of cMUD fixes the problem but restarting client every hour is not very comfortable.

The only thing that pops into my head is that libmysql.dll is somehow unloaded from the client and it's only loaded once at launching application.

Any chance this can be looked into? It's really uncomfortable to restart cMUD every now and then and it's also hard to find when exactly connection to SQL server is lost (only error prompt informs that it's already gone). Thanks in advance for any help.

PS. As an workaround I've found that sending even a simple query to MySQL every fifteen minutes probably helps, but that's not the solution after all (-:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: