Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Araadan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:51 am   

[3.34] Package editor -> Move to... -> vanish trigger

I shared my cmud-script into several separate modules performing successively in the Package Editor:
- File | New Package
- Chose particular items (alias, trigger, whole class) and transferred to the newly created modules / packages.
- I save all of the module by selecting and clicking Editor | Save this script file and the File | Save
- Reset the cmuda File | Exit (cmud menu, not PE)

All of these activities I carried out the mouse in the package editor (no commands from the command line).

The problem is that a lot of triggers disappeared (so far I have not found anything except triggers).

Could you advise me? How quickly and automatically compare the old file with the new pkg files (master session and extra modules)? Unfortunately, only a few of my triggers have id.
Araadan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 am   

Maybe not fully automatic ... just do not want to spend 4-5 hours checking the directory tree in the old script and comparing with the new.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:29 pm   

There isn't an easy way to compare packages.

How did you move the items? You say you chose items and transferred them, but there are several ways to do it. One way is to click and drag. In some earlier versions, this occasionally introduced errors in the package which could cause corruption and items disappearing. I am pretty sure that bug was fixed, but I've always been mistrustful of dragging triggers since then. I generally use the right-click menu to move things in a package.

It is possible that you have found a bug. Check your package carefully for corruption. Look at the XML for your classes to see if the triggers are still in there but hidden by broken XML. You could also try the export/import trick to see if it can clean up any corruption (and possibly recover your missing triggers). If you have package corruption, you need to fix it because even if you retype the triggers, the lingering corruption is liable to cause further problems later on (like, things will unexpectedly disappear or appear under different names when you edit the package).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: