Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:27 pm   

Zuggsoft Against SOPA

I'm not planning to shut down this site, but I wanted to let people know that I'm completely against the SOPA legislation.
-----
I encourage everybody in the US to contact their congress reps and express your opinion about this bill (or see below). It sounds like the White House is against it, so hopefully even if Congress does something stupid it won't make it into law.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with software piracy. I've personally lost money on piracy. Piracy may well have made the difference between me working fulltime on MUD software or not. But I do not agree with the methods being proposed by SOPA to deal with the issue. It's yet another case of legislation being driven by people who don't really understand the technology and who are just listening to lobbyists. It won't have any effect on actual piracy and will just hurt regular people and businesses.

Make your voice heard. If you don't want to call your congressman but want to do something online take a look at the We The People petition site at the White House. This is a very cool online petitioning tool that you can use to make your voice heard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: