Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jalden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:01 pm   

Losing Triggers and Aliases.

I keep losing triggers and aliases. I think part of the problem might be the fact that a new package automatically shows up in the package editor every time I switch maps. I would just like to have one package that I use for all of my triggers/aliases regardless of which map I'm using. Is there a why to prevent cmud from automatically making new packages?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:01 pm   

CMud only ever autocreates packages when you create a new session, period. If at any other time you get a new package created, either you made a hamfingered typo and actually did choose to make a new package or you have corruption problems that need to be fixed.

Reinstallation will fix anything that possibly got messed up in the "sytstem" part of CMud. Because a simple reinstall does not overwrite existing files, there are some core data files you may have to delete and let CMud recreate their default versions (there's no convenient way to re-add anything you may have added to those files as a user).

The Export/Import XML method will fix any problems that happened in .pkg files (this can include anything generated by the system part of CMud or packages downloaded from other sources).

The MapConvert utility (current version is 1.3) will fix any problems that are inside the .dbm mapfile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: