Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
eupher
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:24 pm   

Newbie... changing vnum on existing rooms in mapper... and custom door commands

Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. I've spent a couple hours looking for the answers to these questions without luck.

First, is there a way to change the vnum on an existing room in your map from a script? The mud I play has a separate command to view the vnum. I have a trigger to capture this data and want to simply replace the existing vnum for my current room. I found one thread that appeared to answer this... #NOOP %roomnum(,123)
Unfrortunately, this didn't change the vnum of my current room to 123. Is there a way to do this? The thought of manually editing the room settings for every room on the mud is a bit scary... ;)

Also, is there a way to specify a custom command to open a given door? I see how you can set the door name... but there are lots of instances of doors that open without an "open" command. For example... pull lever... or knock gate. It'd be nice if the mapper can handle these on a recognized door instead of making a bunch of triggers for when I run into closed doors, especially since they seem to be counter-intuitive. If I try to go west, and the gate is closed... I think that trigger to knock on the gate needs to be in the room script for the destination room that I never reached, right?
I've also tried using the room script approach... if I run into the closed gate I use {#STOP;knock gate;#STEP} but my previous move attempt never gets sent again.

Hopefully these are stupid questions with easy answers. :)

Thanks!
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:34 pm   

First, it sounds like you found an old thread from the zmud forum, you'll want to use #CALL instead of #NOOP in cmud (keep in mind your map needs to be in edit mode too).

Second, instead of using doors, you probably want to use the name property of exits. You could set the name of a west exit to knock gate;west, for example.
eupher
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:41 pm   

Thanks very much. That was exactly what I needed on both counts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: