Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
eupher
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm   

Help with mapper favorites

I see that I can right-click on a room on my map and select "add to favorites". This pops up a dialog asking me for the favorite name. What does this do? I can't find any place to list the defined favorites, edit/delete them, and I can't figure out how to use them even if I can remember what they are. The only mention I found was an old zmud thread that said you could use the #WALK command with a favorite name, but it does nothing when I try that. Also, once I define a favorite for a room nothing happens when I try to "add to favorites" again later.

Thanks for any help.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:11 pm   

If you go to View -> Show Panels, there's a favorites tab there. As far as I can tell, you can't use it with #WALK or other map-related commands (perhaps in a future version? Wink), but if you give a room a short name, in the little box directly right of the room name box in the room properties window, you can use that whenever a command or function calls for a room id or vnum. If you really want to use the favorite to get to it, you could right-click it in the favorites window and click Speedwalk to Room, but I find that to be very inconvenient.
eupher
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:57 pm   

Thanks for the help. I guess my eyes are gettin' old. I never even noticed that field for short name. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: