Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
astrotaz
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:49 am   

Help needed to stop when mob present

I need some help finishing off my setup.

This is what I have so far.

I have a number of alias setup , each of which contains a direction I wish to travel ie:

cows1 n
cows2 e
cows3 e
cows4 n
etc...

I have an alias called gop, which I use to travel through the path by calling each cow alias and incrementing the number by 1 each time.

#EXEC %concat("cows",@stepnum)
#AD stepnum 1
#VAR skipvar 0

What I wish to do now is setup some method of being able to detect when a mob name (from a pre defined list cow rabbit rat ) is present , kill it (this could be manual), then continue (I am thinking a trigger on killing blow to invoke the gop alias to continue the walk??)

for example

I can set a trigger to capture the txt "MOB", I'm thinking I have to flag a variable to 1 if present and then reset this same variable to 0 each time I move.

If anyone could provide the code to handle this I would appreciate this..

I'm thinking something like this ---

if the trigger text MOB is found then set variable mobhere == 1 , if mobhere == 1 then turn off the gop movment alias? , kill the mob (manual) then, invoke alias gop to continue along the path (based on a killing blow trigger)
if mobhere == 0 then just invoke alias gop to continue.

I also am not sure how to incorporate if a player is present to ignore and move on.

I seem to get myself in a constant loop.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Astro
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:24 pm   

A lot of people seem to be doing this kind of thing lately, using lots of individual aliases to define paths. This is a very poor way to do it.

Have you tried making a Cmud path and using #STEP, #PAUSE, etc. to go through it?

If that really won't work for you, then perhaps use a stringlist, e.g. cowspath={n|e|e|n...}. Then create another variable for the current route you are using. If you want to do the cows route, then do: currentroute = @cowspath. Then use %pop(@currentroute) to get the next step to take.

To help you with the specific code for handling detection of mobs and starting/stopping movement, you will have to give us a lot more information--specifically, the text from the mud that you are basing this on.
astrotaz
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:45 pm   

ok -- I'm open to another method, I tried the #step #pause method and that didn't work out too well , could you explain how the stringlist works .. that looks promising.

Something like...

#var position 1
#var path "n|e|s|w"

Alias to move --
#EXEC %item(@path,@position)
#add position 1

?

What code do I use to interupt this walk logic when I find a mob (in a list) , manually allow me to type kill mob, then I assume I put the alias to move in the killing blow trigger.

here is a sample room , for help with mob detection routines to start and stop along a path.

>look

-= Pasture =-

Rolling hills with a dappling of spruce trees and bright green grass
cover the expansive landscape. A red maple tree grows alone in the
field. The high sun in the sky dries the dew on the ground with its
warmth.

There are eight obvious exits: southeast, southwest, northeast,
northwest, north, south, west, east
Cow.

>

I can actually change all mobs to have any prefix, eg: MOBCow
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: