Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Aerious
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:19 pm   

[2.18] Cmud automapper causing crash

This is related to this http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29701 in such that because I had to be using ctrl-n to get my window back into the proper focus (in windows XP, since alt-tabbing is broke,) i must have typoed and hit ctrl-m once bringing up the automapper.

now every time i start up my session it crashes
Aerious
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:46 pm   

I was able to get it to stop crashing, somehow... but i can't get the tab to close on my window now... i will see what happens the next few days.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:23 am   

Sounds like your layout has been corrupted. You can try holding the Shift when you start your session to RESET your Window layout.

Or Try deleting the .xly file in your MUD folder. Bear in mind this will RESET you window layout, but should fix the problem.

As always, back this up before you try it.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:37 pm   

holding shift allowed it to lose the automapper.

thank you.
ragar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:12 am   

For some reason I get about 30 map windows spawning when I open up any mud in CMUD. I have never actually made a map for any of them. I tried holding the shift key and that worked quite well. However, the next time I opened the muds, the mapper windows started opening again. I deleted the .xly file but that didn't help.

I should note that the automapper windows don't appear. I just get about 30 messages about them opening when I start up and they appear under the windows menu. Clicking on one of those listed does open a window, but closing it doesn't seem to reduce the number listed.

I am using CMUD 3.34 with Windows7 64 bit
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 am   

Do the SHIFT trick, and then when everything is put back together as you like it make sure to use the Save Layout menu option to save it to file. The SHIFT trick doesn't reset the layout, per se, so much as simply not load it. If you don't save it, the next time you open the session without the shift trick will just use the still-broken layout file.
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:14 pm   

By the way, it's generally not a good idea to resurrect a thread that's nearly four years old for your new problem. Start a new thread for each new problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: