Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
raviden
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:14 am   

#QUERY and #FIND clearing DB

Hey,
It seems that those two functions are completly clearing queried db. Any idea how to avoid that, or shall i start learning sql?
Also, let's say i am looking for exacly 'yellow' by %find("yellow", View). It will return also db cells containing 'yellowish' etc.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:16 pm   

I don't know what you mean by "clearing the queried db". You will have to explain that further.

As for the question about a find of "yellow" returning cells containing "yellowish", that is expected behavior. %find will find all cells that contain that string. It is a pure string match. You can, however, include spaces. If you have cells containing "yellow mold" and "yellowish mold", a search for "yellow " would find the first but not the second.
raviden
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:30 am   

It's pretty simple indeed. Clearing means clearing. I once had a database and after i try to 'find' something inside of it, i no longer have that database, it's cleared to empty database with no records (unless i recover it manually from .bak file).
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:35 pm   

Please give step by step instructions for what you are seeing. Try to reproduce it in a new session.

My first guess is that you are not clearing the database, but rather are not connecting with it. But it is hard to say without knowing exactly what you are doing.
Menliros
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:48 pm   

You need to do a #DBRESET and it will be back
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: