Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
qtong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:38 pm   

Canceling trigger while its fired

Hello all,

I know that this problem has been told about few times on these forums but I still don't get the solution to it described in other threads.

I'd like to cancel a trigger that has already been fired up. Here is the deal:

Each time I come to a post office in-game I read a sign telling me the available packages I can deliver around the town.
If a patterned package name is on the board, trigger takes the package and my character goes to its destination. Then it comes back to the post office and automaticly checks the board. The process goes on again.

Now there are times that there is no available packages to deliver or the packages that are up on the board are not worth my characters time, that is why I created another trigger telling the client to check the board again in 5 min in case new offer appeared on the board.

So there comes the time that the client gets spammed with the command to check the board again and so it picks the package and before character leaves the post office it tries to pick the same package for the second time becouse the trigger fires up again to check the board. Character obviously gets lost in town and tries to deliver in the wrong place and is incapable of going back.

I already tried disabling the trigger that's responsible for board check when client has already picked a package and enabling it when it comes back to post office. It reduced the occuring of my problem but did not remove it in general at all.

In other threads I did catch that I should use a variable commands and alarm. The truth is I totaly dont get it. I was hoping for someone to explain it to me like I were a 12yr old with absolutely no knowhow in logic algorythms and hardly any knowledge in cmud's commands. Yes, it seems I'm that dumb :)

So basicly: how do I stop the ongoing trigger so that it does not read the board again in inapropriate time?

Q
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:14 pm   

Name the thread the problematic trigger creates when it fires. This is done by adding:
Code:
#th ThreadName

at the very beginning of the script for that trigger. ThreadName can be anything you want it to be
Then to stop that trigger issue:
Code:
#stop ThreadName

from the command line an alias or other trigger/setting.
CMUD 3.34
qtong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:56 pm   

Works like a charm
Simplest solutions are always the best :)
Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: