Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:12 pm   

[3.34] BUG(obscured): Editor looses track of a record type variable and wipes it

I've ran into this bug in my primary session and lost some data from a variable. While I can't reproduce it completely in the untitled session, the procedure below will take you to the point where you can try to catch mentioned bug.

1) Run CMUD, press Esc to get into untitled session. Please, use the Editor in the following steps.
2) Create a record type variable, name it somehow (say, "Test1"). Add a key "key1" and a value "0|1|2|3|4|5|6". Click "Save"
3) Create a record type variable, name it somehow (say, "Test2"). Add a key "key2" and a value "sdrvrrst|srctrste|scrtstetce|sartrtsect|xatxtrrerext|axrtar". Click "Save"

Now the most obscured and, well, stupid part. You can see it instantly or spent 10 minutes and see nothing. I don't know what triggers this bug, but you should try keep switching between variables in the tree while right pane shows "json", "xml" or 'compiled code" tab and then switch back to the "Data record" tab. Say, try click in the following order:

Test1 (xml) -> Test2 -> Test2 (Data record)
or
Test1 (json) -> Test 2 (json) -> Test1 (json) -> Test1 (xml) -> Test2 (xml) -> Test2 (Data record)
or
Test1 (json) -> Test 2 (json) -> Test1 (json) -> Test1 (xml) -> Test2 (xml) -> Test2 "compiled code" -> Test1 (Data record)
May be this bug lurks somewhere in auto tab switching for "compiled code" tab when you click on another setting in the tree...

If you're lucky, you will see no data on a tab sooner or later. Other tabs may or may not (can't figure out what it depends on, I saw different versions of this bug) show that variable still has a value, but main tab ("data record") will be empty in any case.

At this point in my primary session CMUD will not save variable value and it will be blank after CMUD restart. In other words, it is not a bug with showing data (in this case everything would get normal on restart), but a bug with saving data in background. Even if you didn't make any changes to your record type variable and only switch to another tab, CMUD still can try to save it for some reasons and, if it will fail, your data will be completely wiped out from a variable. Obviously, it is impossible to reproduce it in the untitled at all, so I left it up to Zugg.
-#SECTION can terminate threads
-Buttons can't start threads
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: