Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:17 am   

[3.34 Pro] General Database Questions

Ok, it's been quite some time since I messed with zMUD. I've bought CMUD because I like the improvements and want to support Zugg, but haven't done much with it.

So on to the questions.

I see that SQL Lite is supported, does that also translate into MySQL support?

Can I connect to a database on another PC? Or will I just need to run CMUD on that PC and connect to its external database remotely?

Will CMUD support dealing with a relational database or am I stuck with a flat file??

Does TeSSH have database support? Everything but the front page of the TeSSH site is down, so I can't get answers over there.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Daffyd on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:30 am   Re: [3.34] General Database Questions

Ok, looks like I have answers to two of my questions;

I see that SQL Lite is supported, does that also translate into MySQL support?

Will CMUD support dealing with a relational database or am I stuck with a flat file??

Zugg wrote:
You should take a look at the latest 3.12 BETA version of CMUDPro. There are new #SQLDB and %sql commands that are documented in a Sticky post in the CMUD Beta Forum that can be used to connect to any SQL server. Regular CMUD users can only access SQLite, but CMUDPro users can access MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc. You'll need the SQL driver for the database you are using. If you look in the zApp Download area on this web site, you can find the drivers for MySQL.

zScript doesn't have any MD5 function, but you should be able to do that via the Lua scripting interface. You can also use Lua for the SQL stuff if you really know what you are doing, and there have been some posts in this forum you can search for talking about Lua and SQL within CMUD.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:36 pm   

CMUD can connect to a database on another PC, the documentation for the #sqldb command you mentioned in your second post explains all this. TeSSH also does have all the same database support that CMUDPro has - but there's nothing TeSSH can do that CMUDPro can't anyway, so if you have pro you don't need to get TeSSH too. Check out the feature comparison page for more info.
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:09 pm   

Daern wrote:
CMUD can connect to a database on another PC, the documentation for the #sqldb command you mentioned in your second post explains all this. TeSSH also does have all the same database support that CMUDPro has - but there's nothing TeSSH can do that CMUDPro can't anyway, so if you have pro you don't need to get TeSSH too. Check out the feature comparison page for more info.

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: