Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chaossdragon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:30 pm   

trigger help with %format

Ok trying to set up a couple triggers to capture how much gold I pick up, and get from selling at shops, and track currently carried gold, and stored gold in bank.
however part of my problem is I am having to deal with two formats of numerical values.

1234 and 1,234

this is my control trigger in case of bad captures or just to ensure correct values.
Coins | You are carrying 1,423 coins.
Code:
#TR {Coins | You are carrying &cGold coins.} {}

when picking up money. (this is the problem trigger... need to convert the control to a non-comma digit string, add the picked up amount, then reconvert back to the proper numerical)
You take 20 coins.
Code:
#TR {^You take (%d) coins.} {#VA Gold = %format("&.0n",@cGold);#ADD Gold %format(&.0n,%1);#VA cGold %format("&.0n",@Gold)}

It seems to work fine till I break 4 digits, then it starts at the lowest value IE 20, and adds to that number.

lets say I have 1,256 gold. I pick up 20. my display will change from 1,256 to 20 instead of 1,276 (1256+20)

thanks in advance.[/code]
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:42 pm   

%d won't match numbers with commas in them, it just matches digits 0-9. You need to use %n instead. Also, instead of trying to convert back and forth to add, it would be much simpler to store it as a normal number without commas in your variable, then just format it with commas in your display.
chaossdragon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:44 pm   

Daern wrote:
%d won't match numbers with commas in them, it just matches digits 0-9. You need to use %n instead. Also, instead of trying to convert back and forth to add, it would be much simpler to store it as a normal number without commas in your variable, then just format it with commas in your display.

Nevermind, found a in-mud command that displays the info I need to track. was able to make simple triggers to capture that info to show in my #STW.

however I am curious if there is a means to make a trigger that ignores any number of extra spaces. party status layout for the mud has a large space between player name and HP/CP.
Instead of multiple triggers of the same thing +- a space for my guages, is there a way to make a single trigger ?
Code:
^FL: &FLPlayer         Hp: ~[&flhp/&flmaxhp~]   Conc: ~[&flcp/&flmaxcp~]
(this one captures a 3digit value for HP but a 4digit breaks it, as the HP is 1 space closer to player name.)[/code]
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:00 pm   

%s will match any number of spaces. So, you could have:
Code:
^FL: &FLPlayer%sHp: ~[&flhp/&flmaxhp~]   Conc: ~[&flcp/&flmaxcp~]

Look up "pattern matching" and "predefined variables" in the help docs.

Also, using Regular Expressions to match is a bit more complex (and completely different syntax) but much, much more powerful (and more widely used), so you may want to look at that.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:01 pm   

I can't seem to get %format to work with a variable. works fine if I type the number into the code.
Code:

Exp: 123,456,789
#show %format("&.0d",@Exp)

should have converted to 123456789, but all it prints is 0

EDIT: upon further examination I do not believe I am using the correct method, but at the same time I can not seem to find what I need to get it to do what I want.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:34 pm   

thats because you have told it effectively a length of 0 and 0 decimals.
i would suggest a higher length then the current one as well

#show %format("&12.0d",@Exp)
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:46 pm   

that still shows a result of 0. considering that format uses , as a seperator. the variable in question gets expanded and %format reads up to the first , then ignores the rest.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 pm   

Why not do:

Code:
#SHOW %replace(@Exp,",")

instead?
chaossdragon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:10 pm   

charneus wrote:
Why not do:

Code:
#SHOW %replace(@Exp,",")

instead?

*facepalm* knew it would be something simple...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: