Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Araadan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:45 pm   

[3.34] 2 problems with the change the active window during a slow walk (safe)

I have 3 different sessions also included, which consists of seven windows and a map.
araadan, support, support2. The main session is araadan.

• Mapper loses the target and stops when I change the active window to support2.

I tried to look for errors in the scripts, but with a script debugger I found nothing interesting. I created the event OnRoomEnter who performs:
    Code:
    #say OnRoomEnter --> inwalk: %inwalk walkactive: %walkactive walkconfirm: %walkconfirm lastdir: %lastdir nextdir: %nextdir walkroom: %walkroom

As already mentioned, script debugger does not approached me to find the problem. While the event in general was not called to the room, which entered cmud when I changed the active window to support2.
    When i manually execute an event, cmud paid as a result of all zeros. After a few seconds detect "slow walking aborted."

• If somewhere on the road (ahead) I have a custom transition (eg, climb to the north) and change the active window to support2 cmud sends a command to climb into the buffer (the contents of the "exit name").

This occurs only when the toggle on support2. So I suspect a small error session setup, dependencies between these windows / sessions.

Does anyone of you met with a similar case?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:34 pm   

Each session normally has its own Location object. You can make additional Location objects with the #LOC command. You can probably get multiple sessions to track the same Location object using the #TRACK command, if the Location object is in a shared package.
Araadan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:20 pm   

For starters I will add only that I noticed that a window (quest) from the main session (Araadan) also has the mistake.

I moved the location object to the package "FunctionList" which is available to any other session / window (window option -> advanced).

Code:
#track araadan_map
#loc

This done for each window (8) from each of 3 sessions.

Although the quest window tracks the dot (location object), but still not support2. The second thing that has changed is that in the support2 (session support2) keep the display name, description, and exits from the site, which is currently entered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: