Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
LimitedWisdom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 pm   

Auto Login does not work properly OR user doesn't know what he's doing :)

Hi,

I recently started using CMUD again (haven't been mudding for a while). Opened a mud, aardwolf, and it immediately closed the session with an error of "incorrect password" (displayed on the MUD screen) and "Lost connection to aardwolf" on the CMUD error message. I naturally assumed my password had expired or my account had been terminated, no big deal. However, I went ahead and removed Auto Login (thinking there would be some type of "forgot password" or something in the MUD itself when you type an incorrect password) and lo and behold - I immediately logged in to the Mud.

SO, I logged out of the Mud, edited the session, and typed the same credentials in the session details, saved my session. Same problem. Assuming a user, fat-finger, problem, I made use of Cut and Paste. Same problem.

Weird.

This isn't the end of the world - I can log in manually just fine. I love CMUD and assume I'm doing something wrong - however, I don't know why it would have worked eons ago (months maybe?) and doesn't now...Could it be a weird upgrade bug or something I overlooked? Honestly, I don't even know if I've upgraded recently (could have been updating apps on my PC even though I don't regularly use them - I do that from time to time).

Thanks in advance for any information and help.
-Kamin (aka Chris)

FYI - running Windows 7, 64-bit, and CMUD 3.34 20 - April 2011
LimitedWisdom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 pm   

Ah, one final note - Auto Login DID work at one point. Before my recent sabbatical, all I used was Auto Login.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 pm   

The autologin stuff is just a specialized trigger wizard that creates two triggers. The first uses the phrase CMud thinks is the prompt asking for your character/account name and it sends the #CHARACTER value (if you look in the Session Properties, it's where your account name is stored). The second does the same for the password prompt, and it sends the #PW value.

My guess is that this info got screwed up somehow, either because it changed on the mud and you didn't change it in CMud or because you ended up sending the wrong stuff originally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:58 am   

Not sure if I wasn't clear or not - but AutoLogin still doesn't work - with proper credentials...
Mixsel
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 pm   

maybe try a new blank session?
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:56 pm   

Open the session in offline mode, open the package editor and look at the triggers in the autolog class. There should be one that fires on the 'enter your username' message that sends #CH, and one that fires on the 'enter your password' message that sends #PW (and disables the autolog class). It sounds like they're sending something different. It's also possible that they got duplicated somehow, so the character name is being sent twice when the 'enter your username' message appears, and is interpreted as the username AND the password by the MUD. Try searching your package for those two messages sent by the MUD at login time, and delete any extra triggers with those patterns.
LimitedWisdom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 am   

ARG!

Ok, I made a stupid mistake. Embarassed I was able to go into the triggers and see the Autolog class. When looking at the "enter your password" one - I saw a #PW;#T - autolog and wasn't sure if that was right or not. SO, I thought I'd just delete the whole class. Guess what?! Now I can't use autologin at all (DUH). I also can't figure out how to add it back. I tried renaming my "sessions.db" and "sessionkeys.db" - but that still isn't working. SO - I've made the problem worse by not paying close attention.

So - anybody think they can help me fix my mistake?

Thanks!
-Chris
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm   

#trigger {this is the line where it asks for character name} {#CH}
#trigger {this is the line where it asks for password} {#PW;#T- autolog}

The above is what the Autolog feature is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:04 pm   

Where do I put those lines?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: