Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Hazram
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:11 pm   

MXP links losing color, data, when captured

I'm trying to set up a trigger that colors and #captures tells from other players, but ignores tells from npc's. Happily, tells from other players contain MXP send tags. I'd like to use the full color range that MXP allows, so using %ansi() and its associated functions is out -- correct me if I'm wrong there.

I've got a multi-state trigger that correctly matches. The script that does the work:
#SUB {<color blue><send href='tell %mxp.data ' PROMPT>%mxp.data</send>%1<BR>}
#CAP Tells

This works for the main window - the send link is there and all is colored correctly:
Freddy McPlayer: this is tell text
However, in the Tells window it looks like this:
Freddy McPlayer : this is tell text

I tried dispensing with #SUB and just using #MXP:
#GAG
#MXP 1 %concat("<color blue><send href='tell ", %mxp.data, " ' PROMPT>", %mxp.data, "</send>", %1, "<BR>")
Tells:#MXP 1 %concat("<color blue><send href='tell ", %mxp.data, " ' PROMPT>", %mxp.data, "</send>", %1, "<BR>")

This also works for the main window, but the Tells window then shows:
.data: this is tell text

I suppose the %mxp.data variable's scope does not include additional windows? I could just give up on that built-in var and kludge it, but is it possible to get the first method colored right with MXP colors, or the second method with the right variable value (without writing a variable to the package)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: