Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mattyf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:35 pm   

Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author.

Any ideas? I am at a loss and would really like to get back up and running. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
jfstowell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:14 pm   Ditto

I've had the same trouble. Absolutely cannot get cmud to run. Tried every anti-viral in my arsenal, register scouring, you name it. I've uninstalled and wiped out every trace of cmud (or so I think) and when I try to re-install or run (since it says the program is installed nonetheless), I get exactly that same "unpacking" error. I've just about given up. I hope somebody can come up with an answer.
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 am   

Would help to know which OS you're using.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 am   

Suggestion #1: learn and master the forum search feature (site menu, search, search forums)...then teach me how to whittle down the results to a manageable size Mr. Green

Suggestion #2: add CMud to your exception list in your AV software (the problem is that your AV doesn't like the encryption mechanism CMud uses to protect itself)

Suggestion #3: change your AV software to something that better deals with this issue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:32 pm   Solution

Matty, I googled my tail off until I finally came across this solution. It worked for me; I hope it works for you.

In this order: Start > Control Panel > Programs. Under Programs and Features, click View Installed Updates.
You'll have to do some patient hunting, but you're looking for the update KB2533623. Click on it and hit the uninstall button. Just wipe that sucker right out, heh.
Do a restart when you're done. I was finally able to re-install cmud and it's running fine.
It's possible that if you don't disable automatic updates (I haven't shut down and restarted since I got cmud to run), the update will re-install and then
you'll just have to uninstall the update again.

Let me know if it works for you. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: