Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Airborne375
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 am   

CMUD Autolog

Hello,

I'd like to set CMUD up so when I start a session it starts a log for that session and places it in a specific directory by session name. I found a script for this for my ZMUD ages back but haven't been able to make it work in CMUD.

Also is there a way to use the sites search feature to narrow down a search to just CMUD? It would make finding answers to simple questions much easier.

Thanks.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:37 am   

1)Use an onConnect event. The onLoad event will turn fire as soon as the package is loaded into memory, but I don't see much reason to log something while offline.

#event onConnect {
$logfile = "X:\path\filename.ext"
#log $logfile
}

2)I assume you mean the search feature that has the little textbox, a couple of radio buttons that say Site and Web, and the Search button? That uses standard search syntax, so + is for include, - is for exclude, and "" is for exact match. You probably want to use the search feature found within the Site menu, though.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:32 am   

I should have been more specific, sorry.

My old script used to save logs as C:\path\Charactername_date_time.txt

Is there a variable I can use so I can use the generic script for multiple characters? or sessions?

Also why did you split your reply into four lines? Should I add that directly into the command line?
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:18 pm   

Try %sessionid or %char for your character name (the first is the name of your session, the second is the name of the character associated with that session in the session properties). And he split it into four lines to make it more readable, you can still copy-paste it directly onto the command line though and it'll load fine.
Mixsel
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:45 pm   

MattLofton wrote:
1)Use an onConnect event. The onLoad event will turn fire as soon as the package is loaded into memory, but I don't see much reason to log something while offline.

#event onConnect {
$logfile = "X:\path\filename.ext"
#log $logfile
}

2)I assume you mean the search feature that has the little textbox, a couple of radio buttons that say Site and Web, and the Search button? That uses standard search syntax, so + is for include, - is for exclude, and "" is for exact match. You probably want to use the search feature found within the Site menu, though.

Just a quick note, the search is horrible, case in point
search the site for "+cmud autolog +3.1"

and it says

Did you mean: +zmud autolog +3.1