Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Derar
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:16 pm   

[Bug 3.34] #SAY Breaks ANSI Colour Syntax

Since the last update, copy/paste Colour Syntax codes stopped working for me in some cases. I've narrowed it down to how the #SAY command appears to be outputting ANSI. While it correctly displays the colours on my output, it's not registering the proper ANSI codes for those colours in the debugger.

Debugger ANSI Output Using #SAY:
Code:

<ESC>[1m[0/1]<ESC>[1m[0]<ESC>[1m[0] <ESC>[1mEl'ial, the Tormented Twilight Custodian's punch <ESC>[0mmisses<ESC>[1m you!<ESC>[0m

Debugger ANSI Output Using #SHOW:
Code:

<ESC>[1;32m[1/1]<ESC>[1;33m[1489]<ESC>[1;36m[1489] <ESC>[1;32mYour air <ESC>[0;37m<color #FF4400>does UNIMAGINABLE things to</color><ESC>[1;32m El'ial, the Tormented Twilight Custodian!<ESC>[0m

The code generating these strings is exactly the same. The only thing I changed was the output method from #SAY to #SHOW.

Interestingly, #SHOW also only generates a debugger output for "h) Show ANSI Codes" in this scenario when the output includes an MXP colour tag, which #SHOW doesn't parse on the main display either, which is why I used #SAY in the first place. But copy/paste Syntax does work correctly with ANSI-coded lines generated by #SHOW, and were working correctly with #SAY prior to 3.34.

This is probably related to whatever change was made to correctly match the first 16 ANSI codes to the first 16 xTerm codes in the last update.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, this presents itself with respect to the colour syntax as follows:
Code:

@F[2/2]@F[3285]@F[1642] @FYour air @Fdoes UNBELIEVABLE things to@F El'ial, the Tormented Twilight Custodian!

@F is the syntax placeholder, so you can see it's not picking up the colours correctly at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: