Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MadMartigan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:06 am   

Automapper - Need help with Room Description

I am using cmud v 3.34 and can't manage to get the correct roomname in the automapper.
The rooms description is shown like bellow:
<(-------------------------------------------------------------------------)>
<( The room name )>
<(-------------------------------------------------------------------------)>

You are standing in the reception where you can rent a room. You can
reach the entrance room to the north and the master chamber downstairs.
There is a poster hanging on the wall.
[ Exits: N W U D ]

The AutoMapper-Auto-Configuration uses the first line of the description for the room name. I tried to create a trigger to get the correct name an re-run the configuration, but it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
Trigger Pattern: ~<~(%s(*)~)~>
Command: #TAG name %1
Palek
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:17 am   

In the mapper click on Config>Configuration Settings...>Configuration>Room Name

Set the Room Name Start on line to 2, make sure the use room name box is checked.

This should get it to see the name, so the same for the description but put the start line at 5.

Palek
MadMartigan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:07 am   

Thank you for you incredible fast answer.
The problem is: the automapper doesnt seem to get the first 3 lines starting with <(. The first line, line 0, begins with "You are standing in the reception...". I don't have a possibility to capture text before line 0. Any other ideas?
Or am I having some kind of interface problem where "<(" isn't correctly converted?
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:38 am   

Have you verified that the trigger you are using is firing correctly? Perhaps put a #PRINT statement in there to verify it. It may also be necessary to do a #NOMAP on the <(-------- line.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:15 pm   

Hey there!
So I did some test and it seems wether I am quite unskilled using the automapper or the automapper is making some kind of nonsense.
The trigger works perfectly; using #print gives me always the right room name and I can walk around with every new room having its room name displayed perfectly right.
The problem is now: The automapper doesn't map ANY room. I can get it to map to first room, but whenever I walk out of the starting room it stops mapping; no failure, no error, just no rooms mapped. So I start testing around, but with no real success. Here are my results so far:
1) Standard configuration (no trigger): Maps room perfectly, but no roomnames. The roomname is the first line of the room description. The room description itself is correct
2) Configuration (only roomname trigger): Doesn't map rooms. Roomname is correctly displayed in the configurator window. No room description. Additional #print in the trigger always shows me the right room name
3) Configuration (roomname trigger and #nomap on the lines starting with "<(----") same as above, but it shows me the right room description.

Thought, that is was an easy to configure the automapper...*sigh* So, hopefully I will a find a method to get it work, before getting back my pen and paper...;-)
If you have any ideas, be sure, I'll be happy to hear about them!
TY
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:39 pm   

#TAG the other parts of the room info as well.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:31 pm   

Another item that seems obvious (in hindsight, of course)- did you reconfigure your automapper after adding that tag command?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: