Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Valkenar
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:35 am   

Window Layout bugs (3.34 Pro)

I've had this problem for quite a while, through several versions but have never reported it because I'm really not sure how to describe it in such a way that you'll be able to track it down. But it's quite frustrating, so here goes.

I have my main window "CarrionFields" which is my basic mud connection. Then I have another window in a separate package called "familiar" which I redirect certain output to. The problem is that I get all kinds of screwy behavior if I actually use this other window.

The first time I show the window, everything is fine. It appears as a tab next to my main window tab and I can then detach it to float it above my main window and everything is great. The problem is that the next time I open cmud, it doesn't restore properly. What usually happens is that the CarrionFields window pops up detached from the main cmud window (the one title Cmud Pro 3.34) and I can't dock it back in and the familiar window isn't visible.

I used to have a problem whereby if I then show the familiar window (by going into the settings editor and checking the "window is visible" checkbox under the advanced tab) it will show up attached to the carrionfields window, but if I try to drag the familiar window away, I would get an error about multiple windows not being allowed in the list. At the moment I'm having trouble reproducing this one so it may have been fixed in 3.34.

However I still can't get the carrionfields (or the familiar) window to dock back into the main window. And if they aren't docking back then I can't get the familiar window to be always-on-top over the carrionfields window the way I'd like.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:29 pm   

1)The beta cycle is closed so all posts should go to the General forum. I'll move it, but just wanted to let you know.

2a)you have a corrupted layout. Close your session (if it's currently open), and then at the Sessions window hold down the SHIFT key and click Open Offline. This forces your session to open without the layout file being used, and from there you just move your windows where you want and click the Layout|Save Layout menu when done.

2b)if after 2a the problem still persists, you have corrupt packages. Most likely it is only one, but you should make it the habit to assume that it's all of the packages your session uses.

2c)if the problem still persists after 2b, and if you have a map, download the MapConvert utility and repair your mapfile.

2d)if the problem still persists after 2c, close CMud, delete the sessions.db and sessionkeys.db files, and recreate any user sessions you previously had (with the sessions.db file deleted, CMud has no way to know what you had before).
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:29 am   

switch off use layout file in session and it is solved, at my computer. Not sure if you have anything not standard defined in the layout file.
Can delete the layout file too and turn use layout file on again.
mincap

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:46 am   

Glucofort Advanced Blood Sugar Support is a unique dietary supplement designed to promote better glucose metabolism and optimal blood sugar. Most Glucofort reviews online have regarded it as a safe pill that may not cause any side effects if consumed as per the official guidelines. https://glucofort.me
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: