Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:30 am   

"Send File to Server" Disconnecting

I use "Send File to Server" all the time in order to input large blocks of text, such as a new description. Of course, I have to set the Delay between lines or it ends up spamming and causing me to disconnect. Unfortunately, after a brief hiatus, I've returned, only to find that when I use "Send File to Server", even with a delay of 600 ms between lines (which was fine before) it will indiscriminately disconnect me before one line is even registered as sent to the mud.

It's possible that the mud itself has changed how it receives large amounts of lines, and I will investigate, however, usually I'd at least see a couple lines go through before I hit the limit and got d/ced. Currently, none of the lines go through.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with this feature?
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:33 am   

I don't use the editor myself, but there was a recent change to the sendline delay feature that split it into two separate delays. One affects only speedwalking commands, the other affects the editor and everything else. I don't know the specifics of what Zugg did with the existing value (never had it set, so when I upgraded I simply went from one zero to two zeroes), but it sounds like perhaps your 600ms was left as your speedwalk delay.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:50 am   

Hmm, well I change the value that's specifically in the dialog that you get when you click on "Send File to Server", so it should apply to that file. It HAD been set to 0, so I changed it back.
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:54 pm   

This is definitely broken. Turn on "Echo Commands" and try "Send File to Server" set the Delay Between Lines to any non-zero amount and hit send after choosing a file. You'll find that it sends all the lines at once regardless.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:23 pm   

I'll check into this and add it to the bug list. It's possible something happened when I split the delay into two separate options.
chamenas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:10 pm   

Any updates on this? I use the Send command for all of my text-editor stuff (notes, descriptions) right now I'm having to do it all manually in chunks and it can get rather annoying.
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:06 pm   

As I said, it's on the bug list for the next update. No ETA at this time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: