Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
talonnb
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:42 am   

Alarm firing a bunch of times?

I have a simple balance alarm to fire in case of balances getting kicked out to reset them back to active.
Ex:
ID is PlantReset
Pattern: *3
Trigger type: Alarm

Code:
#echo ""
#echo %ansi(@coloreffect,@color1,@color2)@messages.1: %ansi(@coloreffect,@color3,@color4) RESETTING PLANT BALANCE
#var balances.plantbal 1
#T- PlantReset
#CALL @TasMain()

Now, the resetter works fine, aside from one minor issue. This alarm is set to fire every 3 seconds if I were to leave it on, hence the #T- PlantReset at the end, but for whatever reason when the alarm comes to an end, the echo happens anywhere between 1 - 5 times so I'm assuming that it's calling all this code over and over. I can't understand why this is happening because the trigger is a single one, and there are no doubles showing in the system. All the system does is enable it when it tries to eat a plant, and it disables itself when it does the reset or the system confirms a plant eating.

What my belief is, if I my code calls an eater a few times the #T+ PlantReset might fire a few times, but since it's a single ID I can't see why it would be creating multiple instances of the same trigger....Any ideas?
mose
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:35 pm   

Something like this has been discussed before. As I recall, in those cases the trigger was being set in multiple windows. Hence, the multiple executions of the trigger as it fires in each window.
talonnb
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:36 pm   

Thanks! So far that helped. Disabled my chat window from using the package files and it seems to be working according to people who have tested for me.

Question though, is there any way to adjust which packages a window uses without going to the window and unclicking each package?

I checked the documentation on #WINDOW and didn't see any attribute settings that would apply
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 pm   

You are looking for the %packages function.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: