Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dANGER boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:31 am   

Correctly using #TAG and Automapper

Working on a script for Achaea to manually create the room names and exits.

Using Telnet triggers, I have succesfully created two variables, @RoomName and @RoomExits, that contain the proper name and exits for the room.

However, when I type in #TAG name {@RoomName} or #TAG exit {@RoomExits}, nothings changes.

I created an event, onRoomCreate, that does these tags automatically but the name and exits still don't appear. How does all this work and with the Mapper configuration that you are supposed to run. Any idea how I can reconciliate these?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:05 pm   

#TAG are not intended to be used on the command line or in onRoomCreate events. #TAG is supposed to help the mapper figure out that you have actually entered the room, so it has to be executed _before_ the room is created. In fact, the information from the #TAG commands helps the mapper do the creation.

The proper place to use #TAG is in the trigger which is capturing the information for the roomname or exits. After you have added or changed your #TAG commands, reconfigure the mapper. The map configuration needs to be recreated, to take account of the newly supplied #TAG information.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:19 pm   

If you are playing Achaea then you should be using their built-in GMCP support for mapping. You shouldn't need #TAG commands on IRE MUDs anymore (assuming you are using v3.33)

But as Rahab mentioned, the #TAG commands only work before the room is created. To change stuff after a room is created, use the appropriate %room function, such as %roomname or %roomexits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: