Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Appollon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:24 pm   

Mapper Command Help

Hello,
I'm new and trying to learn all the commands. I'm used to using the Portal client, which pretty much had a wizard for each task, and now I'm needing to learn the specific #commands, so I'm having kind of a hard time.

I have a zone that the entry way moves around (It is a traveling door that you have to find and open). What I am trying to do is to create an alias that does two things, so that I don't have to stand around in a high PK area while I manually switch to the new zone, once I've opened the door.

I want the alias of, like "od" to fire first the command to open the door, and then I'm looking for a command that will move the mapper to a certain zone/room and also update the "set position". Basically, something like the #WALK command, except that it doesn't fire the speedwalk command in, it just moves the map and location marker.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:57 pm   

#LOCATION will allow you to set the mapdot to whatever room you want. It's probably best that you give the destination a shortname (in Room Properties it's to the right of Room Name, but the box is a little hard to notice since there's no label), since any sort of changes to the roomkey, vnum, or roomnumber (the one GMCP sets) will affect commands like #LOCATION.

If your game is GMCP-enabled, though, you don't even need to use #LOCATION, just send the command to open/move through the door and the map will update automatically.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:36 pm   THANK YOU

That's exactly what I was looking for. I just couldn't find it. I was too overwhelmed by the massive amount of commands. I really appreciate the help, mate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: