Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Draxx
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:30 pm   

New to CMUD, need help with trigger compile error

Hello,

I've been a ZMUD user for years, and recently upgraded to CMUD.

It was easy to import my settings into CMUD, but I've noticed that most of my old ZMUD triggers fire in CMUD, but return an error - "trigger ....fired, but failed to compile".

I have a very basic trigger set up to highlight the words "You fail to build a psychic barrier around your mind." with a specific color - red in this case:

#trigger {You fail to build a psychic barrier around your mind.} {#cw red}

The strange part is, when I do get this message from the mud, CMUD actually does highlight the text in red, but, right after that, I get the following error:
ERROR: Trigger "You fail to build a psychic barrier around your mind." fired but did not compile.

Now, I'm no newbie to ZMUD, and I know this is one of the simplest kind of triggers, but I still can't figure out why CMUD is executing the trigger correctly, but still giving me an error message saying it did not compile.

Can someone please enlighten me - so I can proceed with modifying my 500+ highlight triggers one by one.....

Thanks in advance.
Draxx
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:43 pm   

Sorry folks. I detected the problem after much searching.

Apparently, I had 2 separate triggers set for the same text string, and that was causing the problem.

The first one had the color highlight action and the second one had the #speak command - which was causing the problem.

As soon as I deleted it, the error disappeared.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: