Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
d4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 am   

Current version to run under wine / ubuntu ?

I searched through the forum for 'wine' and tried the suggestions I found, but I cannot get zmud to run under wine =[

Quote:

For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again.

I'm using:

Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
Wine 1.0.1
Zmud 7.21 Public

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
I actually paid for Zmud years ago when I was running Windows and need to find my license key. Zmud beats gnome-mud, kmud, kmuddy, etc. hands down...
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 am   

it was never supported as a linux program, you might be able to get it to work, but thats all on you. Search the forums, I think somebody got CMUD to run under it though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 am   

Search the forums I have...
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:34 am   

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22901
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:18 pm   

The latest 3.33 version of CMUD works with Wine.
Stowslee
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:09 am   

I had that issue a while back as well, just recently tried a fresh install and no longer get that error. However I cannot seem to get it to do anything but go the screen where it says Loading Modules, and then freezes.
Veroryn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:07 am   

I'm stuck in the same boat as Stowslee. I'm running Ubuntu 10.10, and zMUD 7.21. I've tried to use the instructions in the post emntioned above, but it didn't help. Install worked okay, even before then, but now I'm stuck on the Modules screen, showing Main Module. Can anyone shed some light on this? Google, Yahoo and Ask all reveal nothing, and I've been searching for a week.
ilhares

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:39 am   

Veroryn wrote:
I'm stuck in the same boat as Stowslee. I'm running Ubuntu 10.10, and zMUD 7.21. I've tried to use the instructions in the post emntioned above, but it didn't help. Install worked okay, even before then, but now I'm stuck on the Modules screen, showing Main Module. Can anyone shed some light on this? Google, Yahoo and Ask all reveal nothing, and I've been searching for a week.

This is an old dead-horse kind of topic, but I recently did this setup myself.

The only sure-fire fix I got was to do the full normal install, and then to overwrite the entire directory with my original Windows install folder, with all the goodies pre-configured and parceled out. After I copied that in, I re-ran zmud, plugged in my reg key, and it was good to go. I'm getting the "no text displaying in input box" bug, but I've been told riched30 (hooray, winetricks) should help take care of that problem. Haven't gotten there yet, though.
Einder
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 pm   

Under wine 1.4 you can just install it and it runs fine..if you wish to use the mapper and such though you will also have to use winetricks and install mdac and jet40. Then you can fully utilize zMud in linux under wine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: