Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:02 pm   

[3.33a] Can't scroll map screen if map is too big.

I have a map for a very large area of over 1000 rooms with most of them going west to east, so it is very long. Unfortunately it seems if I am zoomed in on the map, I can not scroll the map window over to see the far right or east of the map. I can only see the far east or right side of the map if I am zoomed out a bunch, but then it is difficult to see where I am located on the map, and it is also hard to click on the rooms to edit them. Seems to be a map window limitation?

Thanks!

Robert
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:03 pm   

If at all possible, I would suggest breaking the map up into smaller zones. Zones are effectively just smaller, interconnected maps.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 pm   

There isn't any limitation that I'm aware of, although Shalimar is correct that you should break your map into zones since a large number of rooms in a single zone will certainly slow down the map display.

Try using the Zone/Refresh menu command in the map window which will let CMUD recalculate the X/Y limits of the map zone. CMUD uses those computed limits for the scrolling.
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:18 pm   

Zone/Refresh sure seems to have fixed it. I closed out CMud and reloaded and I still can scroll all the way across now.

Thanks Zugg!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: