Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:29 pm   

[3.33a Pro] Walk ends or doesn't start correctly.

When I get some text in between sending the first direction for a #WALK using the mapper in slow walking mode that is not the room text, the walk is canceled. Something like the following occurs:

Code:

Before Walk 1, nextdir , destroom -1, inwalk 0, walkconfirm 0, walkroom , roomnum 5993
sw

Crazy shouts: None of you are as crazy as me!

damp cavern (nw,ne,s)                                 

> Mobs: 0
Before OK, nextdir k, destroom 5994, inwalk 0, walkconfirm 0, walkroom , roomnum 5993

I have walked through that same room many times, but if there is no shout, %inwalk will still be 1, and everything works fine. Since the walk aborts in the middle, the mapper doesn't set the correct room location on the mapper, and the next steps will fail. I created a on walk end alias, and it is not called for that step. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Robert
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:10 pm   

Do you have any triggers on shouts? A simple shout like that should not interfere with a slowwalk.
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:08 pm   

I did have a #NOMAP for shouts, but I deleted that when I started having this trouble, but it is still occurring. I have just now added a On Room Walk alias that prints out my map status bar so I can see if it even enters the walk in the first place.

FYI, I setup my own tags and #OKs. It tags everything on the short room description, and then it is #OKing on the >. It is working for hundreds of rooms, but seemingly fails if there is text between the move and the next room description. It has occurred with some other text as well. I am not sure if all text in between the direction being sent and the room description causes the problem or not though. If there is anything else I could add that may help debug the issue, I am quite willing to add it.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:22 am   

If you are doing #OK on prompt, then naturally you will have problems if other text shows up in the middle, causing an unexpected prompt. It would be much better to do an #OK on the room name or room description, if you can tell unambiguously when you see it.
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:02 am   

There was no ">" so no #OK was called that I know of. I also just had it occur again but the shout was between the short room description and the ">" prompt. That also kicked me out of a walk without on walk end being called.

I am going to have the Script Debugger running all the time right now until it happens again, so I can see if any triggers are being activated. However shouldn't on walk end event always be called when a walk is ended?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:10 pm   

No, I think onWalkEnd only activates if the walk reaches the final room, not if it is interrupted.
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:41 pm   

Fixed. I had an old trigger I made when I first started coding on ZMud that was doing a #NODIR. Unfortunately back then I didn't do things like start of line only, etc to make sure nothing else matched the text and it was sometimes triggering on shouts and other things.

Go Go Script Debugger! :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: