Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
marsnme

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:28 am   

Graphical Representation of Stats

I was curious if it was possible to do something similar to what this image is showing in cmud.
http://www.aardwolf.com/images/status-bars.jpg

Currently I am using gauges for a graphical representation of my hit points, mana, moves, and enemy health, among other things. They are just not quite as "pretty" as these in the image.
Thanks
Mars
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:45 am   

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "not quite as pretty" You can play with the options for the gauges to get some thing closer to what you want. Try this for example:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <button type="Gauge" autosize="false" width="200" height="18" toolbar="2" image="HEART" inset="true" color="#80FF80" textcolor="white" gaugelowcol="red" priority="10" copy="yes">
    <caption>HP</caption>
    <expr>75</expr>
    <gaugemax>100</gaugemax>
    <gaugelow>50</gaugelow>
    <tooltip>Health</tooltip>
  </button>
</cmud>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:49 am   

Well, I like how the one has the "sectioned" look to each bar, as well as the gradient color to the bar. What you put up is pretty much what I have for my current graphical prompt. Different size/colors but the same nonetheless.
Thanks for the response
Mars
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:38 pm   

With COM you can send data collected in CMUD to other applications. Assuming you have the screen space and don't mind the bars not being docked in CMUD, you can use those bars alongside CMUD once you set things up right. The docking issue is only a small inconvenience as you can create a new window in CMUD to use as a place holder for where you want the bars to appear then use something like AutoIt to position and keep the graphical bars window on top of CMUD.
CMUD 3.34
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:15 pm   

The sectioned look is easy enough to do, but it requires additional calculations and extra buttons. First, you need to find the integer result of maxwhatever divided by whatever one section represents. This tells you how many sections you can safely fill up to maxvalue. Second, you need to find the modulus of the same calculation. This tells you how full to make the last section that contains anything. If there are any sections that did not get filled, you then need to put those to 0.

The only thing in the image that CMud really can't do much with is the sliderbar concept shown for align, but then again you could make the effort to pull out sliderbar images for each value and simply reload the button image to update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: