Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:07 am   

3.33a #OK after entering a Pause in speedwalk room

Hey All,

I have been trying to make some pause in speedwalk rooms so that I can while doing a fast walk, it will wait in the room until a room trigger does a #OK to do the rest of the path commands. Unfortunately it seems that after the #OK is issued some of the next room directions are skipped. Is that how that room properity is supposed to function? I didn't see any help on it. It almost works, and the mapper knows it entered the wrong directions as the map location isn't updated correctly.

Thanks!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:59 pm   

What speedwalk mode are you using. The #OK and pause commands are only intended to work when using Slow walk mode. Also tell us what MUD you are using and if it is using GMCP or not.
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:57 pm   

I am using the FAST speedwalk mode. The mud, 3k, doesn't use GMCP or anything. I have used the room property to pause in speedwalk for fast walks for years with ZMud and CMud. It has worked fairly well. I am wondering since I am using room triggers if I am not having the same issue I am having with my other room trigger post in that sometimes commands are not sent to the mud after a room trigger is executed. It is possible these issues are related as with that other room trigger, my #OKs afterwards are not always sending the commands to the mud.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:42 pm   

In FAST mode, CMUD is basically ignoring your #OK command. As I said, the #OK command is only used in Slow (and sometimes Safe mode) to verify that a valid step has occured in the map. In Fast mode, CMUD doesn't wait for any step to be validated, it just moves the marker on the map to the end position of the path. In Fast mode, CMUD sends all of the commands for the path all at once and executes any room triggers along the path all at once.

You should use Safe mode and not Fast mode. If this worked in the past with fast speedwalks, then it was either a bug or you just got lucky. Fast mode was never intended to be paused since all directions are sent to the MUD at once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: