Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tehpopa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:15 am   

Extracting Map?

I'm playing Aardwolf and I want to capture the current room's ANSI map out of the stream and put it into a separate window. Currently, I'm totally lost. I've tried a bunch of different things to capture multiple lines of text but usually I will end up getting a loop of the first line I want to capture. I have figured out how to do a multi state trigger so I've got one that checks for the first line and then the last line. I just don't know how to get everything in between out. Any ideas? If you need a better explanation, please let me know.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <trigger name="Get Text" priority="261" enabled="false" copy="yes">
    <pattern></pattern>
    <value>#GAGON</value>
    <trigger name="End Capture" type="Within Lines" param="20">
      <pattern></pattern>
      <value>#GAGOFF</value>
    </trigger>
  </trigger>

</cmud>
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:21 am   

First turn on the maptags in-game: TAGS MAPTAGS ON. You can turn on the mapname and mapexits stuff if you like too. There's also a SHORTMAP that gets rid of blank lines in the map, as well.

I do something a lot more fancy, myself, but all you really need to do is use ^<MAPSTART>$ as the first state's pattern and (*) as the second state's pattern. The second state should be either a manual state or a Within Lines param=1, and you would just test for the existence of <MAPEND>. If it's not that line, you would #capture and #gagspace; if it is, then you would use #STATE 0 to reset the trigger.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:48 am   

What variable do I use for the line's data when you're using (*) as a pattern? %1
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: