Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
k_starling
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:21 pm   

Prefs>styles>zscript font settings not sticking

I changed my fonts for everything zscript-related to fixedsys. This works fine - until I exit Cmud. When I run Cmud again, the fonts are changed back to Courier New. I cannot get them to stay set to fixedsys. The "use default font" box is unchecked in all cases. I can't find anything in the documentation about this, and am at a loss as to how to get these settings to stick. This shouldn't be happening - if I change a setting, it's supposed to stay changed. Is it bugged? Or am I missing something, perhaps in prefs somewhere, or in the form of some 'default settings' file that I need to modify or remove?

My other font settings (MUD output and status window) work just fine.

This is a completely new and clean install of Cmud 3.32. I reinstalled it due to suspected settings and/or session db corruption, as advised in another thread (thanks btw! That seems to have fixed the problem. Cmud was definitely using old data from much earlier in the beta stage.) The only thing "old" are my imported scripts, which I exported to XML just prior to deleting/reinstalling.

Switching between relative/absolute settings, changing the 'default settings' modules does nothing. In all cases, cmud changes my zscript fonts back to Courier New every time I exit program. It's bloody irritating.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

edit: I looked for the aforementioned settings file and noticed styles.ini. I added "font:Fixedsys" at the end of each line regarding zscript styles, and the settings now stick. I'm not sure if I should have had to resort to this, but it did in fact work. I still think I was missing something, though.

edit again: Except, apparently cmud re-creates this file when exiting. It got changed back again. I set it to read-only, which cmud didn't appreciate (it crashed upon exit and being unable to re-create the file). There has got to be a way to get my zscript font settings, of all silly things, to stick. If cmud wants to play hard-ball, then fine, I guess I will just leave settings.ini set to read-only as long at it doesn't want to cooperate!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:14 pm   

Yes, CMUD reads the STYLES.INI file when it loads and saves the Style preferences to STYLES.INI when it exits, so do not mark this file as ReadOnly.

However, I could not reproduce your problem. Here is what I did:

1) Run CMUD and closed the Session window.
2) Clicked Prefs and went to Styles page
3) Selected the "Commands" style within the zScript folder
4) Changed the font name to "Fixedsys"
5) Unchecked the "Use default font"
6) Clicked OK
7) Exited CMUD and then restarted. Closed the Session window went to the Styles preferences and the Command style was still set correctly.

If you want to change *all* of the fonts in the script editor to use Fixedsys, then select the "Default" style within the "Syntax Editor" folder in the Styles page.

As you noticed, the Styles for zScript are saved in the global STYLES.INI file and are the same across all sessions. The only styles stored within the session *.PKG file are the styles within the "Session" style folder.

So I'm not sure why the changes are not saving for you since it's obvious that CMUD is trying to write to the correct STYLES.INI file on your system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: