Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zatarina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:07 pm   

Map problem in 3.33

I just downloaded the Cmud 3.33 on my new pc with windows 7, and couldn't import the .mdb map from my 3.32 on vista. Is there anything I have to do that I have missed, or should it just work from importing the file into the client? Didn't find any topics on this matter, so I figured I'd ask...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 am   

CMUD 3.33 should be able to read and convert old maps just fine. But you can always try downloading the Map Converter program in the Downloads area to do it manually.

Edited: Oh, just read you were using 3.32 before. 3.33 doesn't have any mapper changes, so it should read the same file that 3.32 read. Open your settings editor and look for the Map Database object and make sure you are pointing to the correct map file in the correct directory. If you installed CMUD into the same directory on Windows 7, then you should just be able to copy your My Documents/My Games/CMUD directory from your Vista computer to your Windows 7 computer.

But be sure to actually install CMUD on Windows 7 and select the %DOCUMENTS% option for the location of your user session data files to have stuff stored in the My Documents\My Games\CMUD folder.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 am   

Far as I know, there's no Import from CMud option. You just need to manually move the file to the new data directory and check your Mapper Object to make sure the filepath points to the right place again.

Beyond that, 3.32 doesn't use .mdb files. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:06 am   

I did just copy the files over from the old pc after I installed cmud, and pasted it into the my games folder. But I had to convert my settings to xml and import them into the cmud because of the difference in os, so thought perhaps there was a similar thing with maps. Still can't get it to work. Had Vista on my old pc and win7 now.

And my 3.32 read my .mdb just fine. Same file, just majorly improved, as I started off with on my zmud trial one on xp. Good times!
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:14 pm   

You shouldn't have had to convert your settings, either. It uses exactly the same format. Just copying your files over should work.
Zatarina

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:45 pm   

The problem solved itself when I rebooted the pc after installing cmud. Thank you all for quick answers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: