Play RetroMUD
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:25 pm   

How to stop the execution of the next trigger line

If previous line has returned true.

For example

Variables: a= 0, b=0, c=0

#IF (test=on) {#SW (@a=0) {#show a fired;var a 1} (@b=0) {#show b fired;#var b 1} (@c=0) {#show c fired;#var c 1}}

At the moment, the trigger fires everything at once because all the above variables are true. However i want it to fire in order and only one command at a time.. So first it would fire a=0 and set a to 1, then the next time it would fire b=0 and so on..

I have tried using #abort, #abort all, #break. And nothing seems to have worked for me ..

That is how i used them

#IF (test=on) {#SW (@a=0) {#show a fired;var a 1;#abort all} (@b=0) {#show b fired;#var b 1;#abort all} (@c=0) {#show c fired;#var c 1;#abort all}}
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm   

Hmm, Just made this basic test alias and it seems to be working, but fails to work in my complex trigger, off for more testing Shocked
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:52 pm   

If you tell us a bit more about what you are actually trying to do, we could probably help. From your brief description, it sounds like a multistate trigger might be a better solution.
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:12 pm   

Sorry, i jumped the gun a bit asking you guys for help - #abort all does actually work very well, i simply made a clumsy mistake . Topic closed : )
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:11 pm   

I'm surprised CMud even considers that valid syntax. You are basically trying to use #IF as a #SWITCH.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:46 pm   

Iam ? Shocked
i use #if to check for a first condition, and if that one returns true then #SW checks are activated ? What is the the proper way to build a multi-condition trigger ?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 pm   

#IF syntax goes like this:

Code:
#IF (expression) {code to execute when expression is true} {code to execute when expression is false}

#SWITCH syntax goes like this:

Code:
#SWITCH (expression1) {code to execute if expression1 is true} (expression2) {code to execute if expression2 is true}...(expressionN) {code to execute if expressionN is true}

Code:
#SWITCH (expression1) {
    code to execute if expression1 is true
  }
  (expression2) {
    code to execute if expression2 is true
  }
  (expressionN) {
    code to execute if expressionN is true
  }

#SWITCH only evaluates for true, and each expression can be different from the others.
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:05 am   

And that's what he's doing. The entire code of the #switch is inside the {} of the #if.

FOO:
#SW (@a=0) {#show a fired;var a 1;#abort all} (@b=0) {#show b fired;#var b 1;#abort all} (@c=0) {#show c fired;#var c 1;#abort all}

#IF (test=on) {FOO}
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:17 pm   

You have var a 1 instead of #var a 1 also. With the switch, it should stop on the first expression that returns true so I don't see why abort all would be necessary. Also it is a lot easier to just use (!@a) instead of (@a=0).

If you run the following alias:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <alias name="test" copy="yes">
    <value>#SW (!@a) {
  #print a fired
  #var a 1
  } (!@b) {
  #print b fired
  #var b 1
  } (!@c) {
  #print c fired
  #var c 1
  } </value>
  </alias>
</cmud>

On the first run it will print "a fired". On the next run it will print "b fired". On the run after that it will print "c fired". That is of course if you start with a, b, and c all set to false or 0.

If they are all true, nothing should print to the screen at all.
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:28 am   

Thanks oldguy, seems that #sw works in a different way and wont loop through values like #if would in that situation, thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: