Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Epyon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 pm   

Log output in color - Possible?

I am trying to copy/paste my outerworld maps so I can have them in a 2ndary place. From what I have heard from others that play my mud, I need to be able to log the output in color. I want to transfer it to excel or word, but be able to send via email to someone that can put on my mud's website or one of the website by the players.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated on how to do this. I can view the entire map in certain areas on my mud, but getting it to copy with the correct linewrap and pasting to another document is above me. I'm not very good with code, so if you have any easy way of doing this, it would be nice.

I'll get to the other 100's of questions since I'm just diving into Cmud now after using Portal for years.

Thanks.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:51 pm   

go into preferances
select session on the side
select logging on the top
tick anso and/or html logging

you have color

making use of the #LOG command on an onConnect #EVENT will make sure you always log

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:30 pm   

Ok. I did that. How do I then get information from the mud screen after I highlight it to another word document or excel spreadsheet? When I highlight it, the only options when right clicking are window options and edit menu.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:54 pm   

It automatically copies whatever you select to the clipboard. However, it won't copy any color codes. Just the text. You can also go to the Edit menu and copy after selecting (highlighting).
Epyon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:15 am   

Ok. Thanks. I got everything posting to a clipboard. I've almost got it and it's even copying the color over. Now it's not the same color as my mud uses, but I can make that work. Now I have a question on the clilpboard itself.

The way the mud is default setup for color is a black background with colored text, like most I figure. In the clipboard, it copies it over to a 'white' background with colored text. It won't let me set the background on the clipboard without changing the colored text to something else. The clipboard only recognizes the first set of color. Once the color changes on the text from what I copied over, it changes all text and background to the same color.

Is there any way to get the background color changed before I copy over and is there a way to copy the same color of text from the mud over to the clipboard editor?

Thanks again.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:33 pm   

The mud itself is probably _not_ setting any background color at all. It is very rare for any ANSI text server to set a background color, including muds. That means that the background color will be set by whatever application is displaying the text. If you want to view it with the same background color as you have set your Cmud, you will have to change the default background color of the clipboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: