Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:13 pm   

[3.31] Bug: Displaying Room Properties Dialog

This has happened a few times now. If I right click on a room and open the properties and then click back on main window to type something, the room properties dialog disappears once it loses focus and I cannot get it to display again no matter what I try.
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:49 am   

I just tested this out. Selecting "Room Properties" from the window tab on the toolbar of the main window should bring the properties window back into focus. It would be nice if CTRL-P would accomplish this though.
CMUD 3.34
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:01 pm   

There's a relatively large number of minor bugs associated with the mapper windows that didn't get any attention when the mapper (and pretty much everything else) got put on hold/a lower priority in deference to TeSSH work.
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:34 pm   

Fizgar wrote:
I just tested this out. Selecting "Room Properties" from the window tab on the toolbar of the main window should bring the properties window back into focus. It would be nice if CTRL-P would accomplish this though.

It didn't.
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:54 am   

I only loose the room properties window if it is directly over the mapper window but not docked, on my second monitor and I click on the main mapper window it's self. If I'm working in the properties window and click directly on the main session window of CMUD the properties window stays on top of the mapper. If I have the properties box over my main session window but not docked and I click on the command line or anywhere in the main session window of CMUD, the room properties box will stay on top of my main session window.

After further testing sometimes if the room properties box gets lost behind the mapper window and I double click on the CMUD task bar icon, after everything minimizes and re maximizes the properties box will be displayed in front of the mapper window. This is not guaranteed though. It worked when I started writing this post and then stopped. After restarting CMUD it's working again. That's something you might be able to try.

I'm not sure why clicking on the window tab (ALT-W) in the main CMUD window, and then selecting the room properties window isn't working. Maybe it's an issue with OS differences. This is a Vista 32 bit PC and that method seems to work every time for me.
CMUD 3.34
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:19 am   

I uninstalled and reinstalled Cmud and even tried a different Mud session. The room properties window will not redisplay once you close it by clicking the menu or the toolbar.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:35 am   

Is the layout locked? The menu WILL bypass the locked layout restrictions, so if you are not seeing the window it's probably set to display somewhere offscreen. If you are entirely sure this is not the case, you have a corrupted something and need to fix it AND you might want to delete cmud.ini or whatever file is the equivalent of the old zmud.ini.
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 am   

Nope. The only way I can get it to redisplay is by going to the Windows menu of Cmud and then clicking on Room Properties. I'll try just deleting everything and reinstalling.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm   

This bug is fixed in the next update. Till then you need to use the Window menu in CMUD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: