Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:11 am   

[3.31]MXP mouse over help window displaying the wrong information

I have a trigger set up to substitute certain things turning them into MXP links that when clicked will #print the original text and any notes I have stored for that text in a DB variable or it will just display the notes in the mouse over help box. I'll put the whole test class below. When I test this in an untitled session the second link is acting buggy.

Code:
<class name="Name_Sub_Class" id="334">
  <trigger name="sdesc" priority="3040" repeat="true" id="335">
    <pattern>({@sdesc})</pattern>
    <value>#sub {%mxp%ansi(bright,blue)%1%ansi(reset)}
</value>
  </trigger>
  <var name="sdesc" type="Record" id="336">
    <value>A stinky skunk=Peppie|a matted up, brown furred dog=Fido</value>
    <json>{"A stinky skunk":"Peppie","a matted up, brown furred dog":"Fido"}</json>
  </var>
</class>

Test string to type on the command line.
Code:
#show {A matted up, brown furred dog walks in and begins to bark at a stinky skunk.  He of course gets sprayed and his arch enemy a fluffy white kitten switches it's tail back and forth contently.}

If I mouse over or click on the second link from the s in stinky to the end of the link CMUD appears to be using the db variable reference for the first link. I have my URL links set to the same font and size as my default session font so I don't think that's the issue. Anyone else getting the same results?
CMUD 3.34
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:50 am   

There may code missing, but I don't see where you create the link. I see the text highlighted blue, but no links.
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 am   

No clue why the forum is eating the rest of the code this morning. If I click the edit button for the post the original full code is displayed to edit. Anyway here's the pastebin link for what the code should be.

http://pastebin.com/AMtLaR0c
CMUD 3.34
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:17 am   

I think you may have some script interaction going on. It worked just fine for me in a blank session.
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:40 am   

The id's are high because it's from a working session but when I copy into the untitled session it does as I said in the first post. The class is the only thing in the untitled session. I can't figure out what's causing it to glitch. If I go into preferences > MXP and turn on debug MXP then send the test string to the mud I see
Code:
<send '#print Fido - A matted up, brown furred dog' 'Fido'>A matted up, brown furred dog</send> walks in and begins to bark at <send '#print Peppie - a stinky skunk' 'Peppie'>a stinky skunk</send>.  He of course get sprayed and his arch enemy a fluffy white kitten switches it's tail back and forth contently.

and the links work fine. But if I disable the debug mxp option anything after the first s in stinky uses the first db var that the pattern matches. PC's been running for a few hours maybe something has just gotten out of whack Hopefully a reboot will clear it up.
CMUD 3.34
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:56 am   

Thanks for testing Tech, I guess something just got out of whack somewhere I rebooted and all is well now.
CMUD 3.34
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 pm   

If you are having interaction you don't want, there is always the stop further processing option for the trigger... make sure its priority is low enough to exclude all other triggers you want.
If you still want some other triggers to fire, they should have a lower priority than this trigger.
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:31 pm   

It works fine now Shalimar, thanks though, When I said the PC had been running for a few hours that really translated into about three days. Once I rebooted the problem cleared it's self up. I guess a gremlin found it's way into my system with all that up time and decided to have a bit of fun with me.
CMUD 3.34
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: