Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mazz
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 pm   

Error, probably my coding

I am new so hopefully I am posting in the correct place.

I am getting this error: Setting invalid module: 32. I can't do crap without this popping up, any ideas? Lately, if I try to delete multiple items via the delete button it also locks up. Don't know if they are related or not but I can't even run CMUD without that popping up. HALP
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:40 am   

Since there is no Beta development at the moment (v3.31 is now a Public version), all discussion should be in the General forum.
It is important to note what version of Cmud you are using when reporting a problem.
We will need a lot more information before we can help solve this problem. What exactly are you doing when this error pops up? Does it always occur on a specific command or trigger? Does it only occur intermittently, or consistently when some particular thing happens? Can you reproduce the problem consistently? If you can, give explicit step-by-step instructions on what you are doing.

If you don't have any idea what is causing it, try turning off all your triggers, then turning them on one by one until you can cause the problem.
mazz
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:31 pm   

Rahab wrote:
Since there is no Beta development at the moment (v3.31 is now a Public version), all discussion should be in the General forum.
It is important to note what version of Cmud you are using when reporting a problem.
We will need a lot more information before we can help solve this problem. What exactly are you doing when this error pops up? Does it always occur on a specific command or trigger? Does it only occur intermittently, or consistently when some particular thing happens? Can you reproduce the problem consistently? If you can, give explicit step-by-step instructions on what you are doing.

If you don't have any idea what is causing it, try turning off all your triggers, then turning them on one by one until you can cause the problem.

Version 3.31. The error pops up at login but that was because the real issue appears to be alarms. All temporary alarms i.e. #alarm +3 {dl} will create an alarm in what I am assuming the module reference above is the window where the temp alarm is being created. What looks like is happening is as soon as any alarm like that is being created, it is not enabled for some reason. Did I accidentally change something in a window/setting that is screwing up all temporary alarms?
mazz
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:49 pm   

Also, could you move my topic to the general forum?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:13 pm   

Hopefully someone else can move the thread.

Can you post the actual code that is creating one of these alarms? Make sure to pick one that is actually demonstrating the problem. Give us the XML code (use the XML tab at the bottom of the editing window of the Package Editor). Enclose the code in [code] tags in your reply.
mazz
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:48 pm   

Rahab wrote:
Hopefully someone else can move the thread.

Can you post the actual code that is creating one of these alarms? Make sure to pick one that is actually demonstrating the problem. Give us the XML code (use the XML tab at the bottom of the editing window of the Package Editor). Enclose the code in [code] tags in your reply.

I don't know that it is specifically that. I reset all of the preference settings and it seemed to be fine until today. Suddenly I am getting more "module" errors. Is there a way to find out where a specific module is located? The error comes up as soon as I open a session, I get exactly Error in cMUD.exe "Setting invalid module: 524."

Version 3.31 I am running Windows XP professional, 2002.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:55 pm   

Quote:

Is there a way to find out where a specific module is located?

The error you are getting most likely is generated by a trigger or some other setting that doesn't have all the internal information correct (ie, a file not found sort of error). Send every package you use through the export/import process, and for good measure send your mapfile through the MapConvert 1.3 utility, reset your layouts, and install a fresh copy of CMud (that is, uninstall CMud, delete every leftover file that's definitely not part of your userdata, and install CMud again.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: