Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ganmo
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:47 am   

speedwalk issue

Hello,
just recently when cmud's speedwalk seems bugging out for me.
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

For instance if I do ".20e" it will only walk one time to east. And in the buffer I see that cmud as input

e
19e

so I guess it translate into e;19e thus it will fail to speedwalk. I don't really know what happend.
And I have tried to turn off the triggers see if it was some problem caused by it. Didn't solve the problem though.

Anyone know what might be bugging out? I'm using cmud 2.37 trial
just found out it happens when I open two instance of cmud loggin in with the same session.
complex
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:48 pm   

This bug has been around for a while, I run into it a few times a day. There is no know fix, as it seems only a few people seem to have the problem. I have noticed that if I avoid clicking on the map, and only use #walk commands then the integrity of the commands stay intact. Also I have to avoid sending walk commands as .(dir) However since the cause of the corruption is not known it is hard to prevent it from happening, and for some reason it tends to pop up a few times a day. The fact it only happens for you when there are two instances open is interesting, I have not encountered that for myself. Once the mud starts sending commands incorrectly like that the only fix I have found is to reset cmud (close it down and start it up again). It has been suggest that maybe your dictionary files are corrupted, but I have found that to be unlikely, I have reinstalled numerous times yet the problem prevails. Sorry I wish I had better news.
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:02 pm   

I was under the impression this bug was fixed in the 3.xx versions.
ganmo
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:08 pm   

ah, too bad then.
If it's either between restart everytime or installing version 3.xx. Then I guess I go for the beta version of CMUD.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 pm   

FYI, it's no longer beta. Version 3.31 was released as public version a little over a week ago.
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:22 pm   

This bug isn't fixed in 3.31 as my speedwalking doesn't work at all right now.
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:31 pm   

It happened to me a few days ago, I restarted. hasnt happened since. *shrugs* Just put up with it for a bit, I guess. all I can offer here.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm   

You need to make sure the English Directions package is being loaded with your session and is enabled for the window you are trying to walk from. You can try deleting the "English Directions.pkg" file and then reinstall CMUD to ensure that you don't have a corrupted file. There isn't any known bug with this...speedwalking is working for others just fine.
complex
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 pm   

Personally have uninstalled and reinstalled the packages, and the program a few times now; the problem persists Crying or Very sad . I have sort of given up on this problem and its cousin #step sending all the directions at once. But #step will sometimes spit out the directions s|s|s|s and sometimes 4s is sent to the mud. Maybe it will work for the OP
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: